Monday, November 13, 2006

Qua-Simone-O

I have spent the best part of the past two days hunching over a canvas and my back is now starting to feel it. I have an easel, a rather handsome one that I purchased about six years ago, but I don't think I've ever used it. For me it is just not practical. I work mostly with my canvas on the floor and occasionally up against the studio wall.

I often get so caught up in what I am doing that I forget to periodically compensate my slouching with stretching. By the time I do think of it the stiffness has settled in. I must make a conscious effort to rectify this in order to avoid a Quasimodo-esque posture.

The one thing I do miss about our old humble city flat is a bathtub. Despite the roomier dimensions of this dwelling it has no bath, though I guess with the current water situation in Victoria that's probably a good thing. Still, after a day of hunching in the studio I am sure my muscles would be grateful for the luxury.

There is not a single blank canvas left in the house, I cannot remember the last time this was the case, so today I ordered the rest of the canvas for my next exhibition. Inspired by Saturday's blog entry and for my own amusement, (in the nicest possible way), the majority will be 77 x 53cm.

No comments: