Sunday, November 05, 2006

Leonard Cohen's Love Child

My partner recently bought me Ladies and Gentlemen... Mr. Leonard Cohen on dvd. He certainly knows how to inspire me through his thoughtful gifts. I decided to watch it again today to help with my creative restlessness. What an amazing man Leonard Cohen is, I simply adore him and his work. He has been a constant source of creative inspiration to me for a number of years now. A few years ago, a Melbourne gallery director gave me the nickname 'Leonard Cohen's Love Child'. It may not have been meant as an outright compliment, but I was quite pleased with it and became so attached to it that I dedicated a painting to it. It was titled Self Portrait as L.C2.
L. C squared being the abbreviation a friend and I gave to the lengthy nickname.

No comments: