Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Festive Frenzy

I have just come home from a rather frenetic day about town. My reason for travelling into town was to fulfill my promise to myself, my partner and my pre-made appointment, and get my tooth filled. I did so with a little help from my friend xanax.

After the dentist, all I wanted to do was come home and paint but my friend had caused me to feel rather weary... so instead I decided to attempt a little Christmas shopping. (I also managed to get over to the other side of town to pick up the rest of my new canvases for my next exhibition - which was a far more enjoyable experience than the dentist).

I am not really big on the whole Christmas thing, not that I am a Scrooge either, it's just that I tend to like the freedom and randomness of buying something for people I love when I see something that I know they would really like, enjoy and appreciate. I don't like the expectations that come with occasions such as Christmas and birthdays.


I did not last long amongst the frantic crowds and the suffocating atmosphere they were creating, although I did manage to buy a couple of things for my partner and my mother, two of the three people I really want to buy something for. However, if I had the time, I would just paint something for all those I love. It is only time that prevents, or should I say delays, me from doing so. The ideas and inspiration are certainly there. I could think of nothing better than giving such a personal gift to those dear to me.

Maybe next year.

No comments: