Thursday, June 14, 2007

Womb To Move

Sitting at an old computer, that used to be mine, it is incredibly slow, and a reminder of how things have changed. I am at my parents house, alone. It is cold but full of warm memories. Memories almost as far back as I can remember.

I remember moving here...and moving out, then back for a while, and out again.

I spent a lot of time drawing and making art here and developed much of my artistic style in this house. I remember as a very young girl, sitting at my fathers feet and drawing pictures of his face in black biro.

This house has kept part of me a child for many years. It is womb-like for me and has provided great comfort on numerous occasions.

It is only fitting with everything else that has been changing and evolving around me lately that this chapter comes to an end at this time.

With every end comes a new beginning...and so on...and such is life.

No comments: