Saturday, July 31, 2010

Golden Opportunity...


Pardon the pun, but I couldn't resist the title.... and who knows, maybe it is.

I am determined to keep an open mind about any new galleries that approach me. If I feel some kind of rapport through initial communications with the gallery director/s then I am prepared to take a chance. I choose to see it as an opportunity - for both parties... but unlike any professional relationships in the past, there won't be two chances. One should be ample. I'm not speaking from a sales angle, I am referring to the way in which the artist, and their work, are treated during the relationship with a gallery.

After being contacted by a Gold Coast gallery on July 10, I am feeling a sense of optimism about entering a new relationship of this nature. I have agreed to be represented in Queensland by 19 Karen Contemporary Artspace, and have a scheduled group show, (June), and solo show, (August), for 2011.

The communication I have engaged in with Terri thus far has been somewhat refreshing. Her words have been encouraging, but her actions, to date, have promptly cemented my optimism.

No comments: