Friday, July 16, 2010

Fuck EOFYS.


If I hear that term, (EOFYS), once more this week I think I might scream.

I don't go to the sales, not just because I don't have money to blow, but I hate crowds, especially ones that are full of people mindlessly and madly fighting to access then purchase things they don't even really need. To me, it's just a reminder to do my tax. In recent years, I've even ignored that, having submitted three years worth earlier this year - but, alas! I am actually organised this year... for the first time in a LONG time... and it feels pretty good.

My recent visit to see my parents proved to be a very positive exercise in many ways. Although the stay was very short, I came back with a fresh mind and renewed enthusiasm. I've changed my way of thinking about certain aspects of my life... or even just life, and am slowly putting thoughts into action - little by little.

So - It seems I am once again grabbing onto some sort of symbolism that relates to the time of year and new beginnings and blah, blah, blah... but I've learnt that I don't have to wait for any specific day or event to remember resolutions or make positive changes - I can start whenever I like. I even said goodbye to blonde this week. It took almost a year to get close to the desired colour, but the maintenance became tedious and expensive so I decided to abandon it. I was toying with the idea of shaving it all off but decided just to kill the light with darkness. (As opposed to trying to kill darkness with light in most other situations.)

I've been approached by a Gold Coast gallery this week about representation. I'm seriously considering the possibility as it is actually a gallery I have been watching for a little while and so far feel quite positive about what they do and the work they show.

I have my gallery in Perth to thank for restoring my faith in the system a little. I am sure they are the minority - but the important thing is: they do exist.

No comments: