Sunday, January 31, 2010

Closing Gaps...

I was recently invited to paint a Schaffas by the people at Screamdance for a great cause. My naked Schaffas arrived the other day and has been sitting in the studio anxiously awaiting it's new identity whilst I contemplate whether to make it masculine, feminine or somewhat of a hermaphrodite. Whatever I end up creating, I was thrilled to be part of the project. I have until April to return the critter and along with a number of others Schaffas that have been sent off to selected artists, the Schaffas will then be part of a group exhibition supporting Close the Gap.


I've been spending some time in the studio recently too, (which I recently cleaned out and re-arranged), making a productive start to 2010. Only two weeks now until the Year of the Tiger officially begins.

No comments: