Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Posting for Posting's Sake

Is it possible to feel inspired and yet so un-inspired at the same time? Maybe it's inspired but un-motivated. Perhaps that's tautology. Or just some form of an excuse. Either way, I feel like doing nothing, and it feels O.K whilst I am doing it, then after a few hours of doing nothing I start to feel incredibly guilty and frustrated.

I don't really have much to write about today, but I am using this as some sort of outlet, creative or not, and to break this vicious nothing circle of the day.

My mind is on some sort of heavy duty spin cycle but nothing seems to be getting clean.

"Are you writing a book?", the waiter asked me on Monday. "No, I am writing my thoughts down to help me stay sane". The reply was said with a little tongue in cheek, and I got a laugh, a nervous laugh. We are all telling some kind of story, whether they ever become a book or not is another matter.

Sometimes I think if I was to ever have a book, I'd just like it to be filled only with images.

6 comments:

Jaz Higgins said...

"Sometimes I think if I was to ever have a book, I'd just like it to be filled only with images." I like this. I'd maybe just have a little bit of text...but mainly images =)

Shell said...

I feel that way all the time - inspired and yet unable to make/write/actually DO anything. I think these times are an important part of the process - albeit an anxiety ridden, frustrating part. So it goes....

Enjoyed your writings tonight...

kate said...

hello, i only just stumbled upon your blog tonight for the first time. i'm really sorry about your opa, i've also just recently lost my nanna and i can imagine how you are feelingxx

i also wanted to say i really love your paintings! :)

Simone Maynard said...

thank you ladies.

Wonder said...

Hello!

I work for a greek magazine and I would like to interview you. Can you please send me your email so that I could contact you directly?

Thanx!
Anna

Simone Maynard said...

my email contact is linked on my profile page http://www.blogger.com/profile/04423668168093348556

Alternative contact is geikomaikostudio@gmail.com