Friday, June 12, 2009

Come What May (go what WAS May)


May came and went like some kind of whirlwind. I can't remember much of it other than work. It's now June, the month that has seen me get back into the studio after a reluctant absence. I'd be so much more productive if I had an extra 3 hours in every day - (preferably with daylight).

I am finding it harder and harder to paint under artificial light. I have tried a variety of globes/wattages, lamps and flood lights - nothing compares with natural light, but with shorter daylight hours over Winter, my window of opportunity is currently limited.

I recently managed to complete my 8 weeks of boot camp. It was like nothing I have ever done before and as much as I struggled with certain parts of it and found it a huge physical and mental challenge, I enjoyed the overall experience and despite ongoing body 'soreness', I feel I have benefited from my efforts. So much so that yesterday saw me run 10km without stopping. I surprised even myself with that effort. I must thank Naomi for suggesting it and motivating me to do it. Running with someone else really does make a difference - in one way it pushes you harder than you might push yourself, yet on the same hand it somehow makes it feel easier... maybe because someone else is feeling the same pain!

My increased physical exercise has certainly helped my creative mind. It has provided me with some much needed clarity which has allowed some fantastic and exciting ideas for new work. Now it's just a matter of finding the time to apply myself.

No comments: